Sunday, June 12, 2016

Random Minor Treasure Table - Lamentations of the Fallen Lords

When my Lamentations of the Flame Princess campaign based on the Myth computer game series was in its early stages, I made a small table of minor treasures to roll on when I felt that a player should logically find (or had properly earned) some small bit of loot, but I didn't have anything specific prepared for them to discover. It was helpful when I wanted to keep the game moving but I couldn't think of anything better right off the cuff. I haven't used it in a while, though, so I might as well post it here.

Lamentations of the Fallen Lords - Random Minor Treasure
Roll a d12:
1. Pile of 50sp
2. Knick-knack worth 75sp
3. Pile of 100sp
4. Knick-knack worth 150sp
5. Mage Spellbook with 2 new first-level spells
6. Scroll with 2 random first-level spells
7. Random Silver Masterwork Weapon (+1 to hit, +1 damage, non-magical, random chance of breaking as with normal silver weapons)
8. 3 Jarl Roots of Cure Light Wounds
9. 3 Jarl Roots of Delay Poison
10. Mage Spellbook with 1 new second-level spell
11. Scroll with 1 random second-level spell
12. 3 Arrows of stoning (Save vs. Poison or target instantly dies through petrification, only works on enemies 4HD or less, otherwise works the same as a normal arrow)

In hindsight, I should have probably made things more like "1d2 new first-level spells" and "1d3 Arrows" etc. Then again, one of my tentative goals when starting this campaign was to see what would happen when I went full Monty Haul with treasure/XP and otherwise went over-the-top when using the LotFP rules and adventures, so whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment